Miracle Cheese Cake
The Holiday Season is in full swing and you may think your health goals have flown out the window! Holiday treats don't have to destroy your plans for healthy eating. Try this recipe for Miracle Cheesecake at your next party or dinner (or for a midnight snack!). Because it's lower in carbohydrate, it is also a great desert item for people with diabetes or insulin resistance!
Miracle Cheesecake (The miracle is that it tastes great using lower-fat ingredients and is EASY!)
This easy cheesecake has only 160 calories, 16 grams of carbohydrate, and 5 grams of fat per delicious slice! Compare to the usual cheesecake slice which has more than 280 calories and at least 10 grams of fat.
- Reduced-Fat Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 small package Sugar Free JellO Gelatin (any flavor)
- 2/3 cup boiling water (to dissolve JellO)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 8 oz Fat-free cream cheese
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite (thawed)
- Dissolve JellO in boiling water. Set aside.
- Add cottage cheese, cream cheese, and JellO mixture to food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add Cool Whip and blend just until evenly mixed.
- Pour into crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
Option: You can prepare the filling without the crust and eat as a mousse or pudding type dessert. When you do this, you eliminate all but 2 grams of carbohydrate.
Serving Size: 1 slice (8 slices/cheesecake)
Nutrition: (per slice)
- Calories 160
- Fat 5 g
- Carbohydrate 16 g
- Sodium 316 mg
Counts as one starch exchange.
Becky Sulik, RD LD CDE