- 2 medium apples (granny smith, red delicious) peeled and chopped
- 1 C strawberries, fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 C peaches, fresh or canned, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 T apple, apricot, or strawberry jelly or jam
- 2 T brown sugar
- ½ C orange juice
Make sure fruit is washed and finely chopped. Fruits can be chopped individually or placed in a food processor and pulsed until the consistency of salsa. Place chopped fruit in a bowl. Combine jelly/jam, brown sugar, and orange juice. Mix into fruit mixture. Makes about 3 ½ C. Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips.
1/3 C salsa and 6 cinnamon chips:
- 1/3 C salsa and 6 cinnamon chips:
- Calories 189, Protein 3g,
- Carbohydrates 41g, Fat 2g,
- Fiber 3g, 91% DV of Vit. C.