Prep Time: 12 min Cook: 10 min
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak
- 1 small red onion
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks drained
- 8 ounces whole water chestnuts, drained
- 8 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- Cut beef and onion into 1-inch chunks.
- Thread all ingredients except water and sauce in an alternating pattern on bamboo skewers.
- Combine water and teriyaki sauce and brush kabobs.
- Grill or broil for 10 minutes or until beef is done and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Turn every few minutes through cooking time and brush with sauce.
Note: bamboo skewers need to be soaked in water before using so they don’t char or catch on fire.
Makes 5 servings.
- Calories 351
- Calories from fat 98
- Total fat 11grams
- Saturated fat 4 grams
- Cholesterol 80
- Sodium 427 milligrams
- Protein 30 grams
- Carbohydrate 32 grams
- Fiber 4 grams
- Sugar 21 grams
- 1 Starch
- 1 Very Lean Meat
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Fruit